Dedicated to Your Comfort, All Year Round
What makes the Strine’s team special? Everybody cares. Everybody.
There’s not a lazy bone in the bunch. Of our 11 service and installation technicians, 10 have been working for us, proving themselves job after job, for more than a decade. And they are led by General Manager Mike Sterner, who has been striving for perfection every day of his more than 30 years with the company.
Certifiably Excellent in a Number of Ways.
It’s one thing to say we care. The proof is in the certifications our people have earned:
• All of our technicians are certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to handle refrigerants.
• Together, they have enabled us to receive Lead-Safe certification from the EPA, meaning if we have to cut into a wall or a ceiling, you don’t have to worry about unsafe fallout.
• Many of our technicians have received NATE (North American Technician Excellence) certification for proven service excellence on heat pumps, gas furnaces, oil burners and/or air conditioners.
• Our technicians receive regular training from Lennox®.
• We are an IGSHPA (International Ground Source Heat Pumps Association) accredited installer and designer of ground source heat pump technology – affirming our total command of geothermal technology.
• We are a Keystone HELP® contractor. As such, we are able to participate in the Keystone HELP geothermal loan program, which provides special low rate, low payment financing to York County and Lancaster County residents who invest in energy efficient home improvements and geothermal heat pump systems … including financing as low as .99 percent and a 30 percent rebate. Click here to visit Keystonehelp.com.
Bottom line? Our dedicated technicians can get your system up and running fast and their commitment to excellence is your assurance of repairs done right at a fair price.
True to Our Roots.
More than four decades later, the excellence of the Strine’s team is an on-going reflection of the ethic Paul Strine displayed when he founded Strine’s Service on January 2, 1972. As a sole proprietor, Paul began working for a number of small York County builders, doing solid, customer-satisfying work, one job at a time.
Paul’s business philosophy was very simple. Provide the customer with a quality product and a quality installation at a fair competitive price. That philosophy remains the company’s foundation to this very day.
As his reputation grew, so did the number of builders. Paul’s son, Barry, worked part time, pitching in while attending York College. Upon graduating with a BS degree in business management in December of 1974, Barry joined Paul on a full time basis. Over the next few years, Strine’s Service grew. In fact, from its meager beginnings using a barn for storage and Paul’s basement for an office, Strine’s Service had five employees by 1976 when we became a Lennox dealership. Four of these five employees are still with the company today.
Paul’s daughter, Paula, joined the company in 1978 as its secretary. Over the next few years, Strine’s Service continued to grow. The company moved its office and warehouse to 230 S. Sherman St., in York. And by spring of 1985, it became apparent that Strine’s Service would once again have to relocate because of continued growth. In January, 1986, Strine’s Service relocated to its present location, where it now proudly stands as Strine’s and serves the York, Hanover and Lancaster markets.