There’s no getting around the changing weather in York, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the top of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had previously thought.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, like:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run better, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly cooling costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s easy to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to take advantage of caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning technician comes by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures go down in York. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is right for your system, give the pros at Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 717-383-4479 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.