Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in York is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner before removing the cover can ultimately damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning in York at 717-383-4479 today.