Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the York summertime, have the professionals at Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning today at 717-383-4479.