During the colder York months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it does, a simple call to Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning at 717-383-4479 or book an appointment with us online.