When it’s chilly in York you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can stop air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you could need a furnace repair. The more promptly you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning.
1. Your furnace is noisy. You may have a problem if your furnace has begun running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating how it should. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem faint? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could indicate a few specific problems. It could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t big enough for your house.
4. Your utility bill keeps climbing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC technician will help sort out what’s going wrong.
5. You smell gas. This is important. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect it.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC technicians to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The team at Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.