As spring starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in York? Particularly if your air conditioning unit is newer or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any work for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked annually by a Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning expert can help spot small issues before they lead to huge meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call a specialist to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect in your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to elevated energy use—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the long run, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate minor issues before they turn into large, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely look at components and complete a set of AC performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into large issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the season. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is prepped to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your unit is vulnerable to premature meltdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should have a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the ensuing spots and parts:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning pros a ring at 717-383-4479 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your residence, make sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.