People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. Your personal smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. You can use it to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
Technology can change rapidly, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats give you the ability to control your system using a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, but they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature as needed.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more popular and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to educate yourself about them and all the benefits they offer you, namely the ability to closely control your home comfort levels—even when you’re away from home. Here are some other benefits you’ll enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home and save you money in the process.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to make an appointment for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You will see that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you opportunities to lower your energy bills. Call Strine's Heating & Air Conditioning in York at 717-383-4479. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you can be confident we’ll have one to match your needs.